Wednesday, January 30, 2019

She's My Daily Joy


Throughout this joy exploration, I've been reminded about two constant, daily joys in my life. First is God and His Word. No matter what happens, He gives joy, deep abiding joy that only He can give. Second - my wife is a continual source of joy to me.

The above picture is one of my Christmas gifts from her.  Every time I see it, I smile. I love it. It makes me think of her every day as I work. (I have to post this instead of a picture of her. She won't let me photograph her or at least share photos of her.)

Cindy gives me joy. She laughs at my stupid jokes (even after all this time of marriage). She reminds me of blessings we have in our lives. When I get anxious or distracted, she calms me or kicks me in the pants or both at the same time. She listens when I whine or have legitimate concerns. She gives wise counsel. She challenges me to think about things. She does so many things for me, without asking and without much in return.

She's been my joy for more than 31 years. (That sounds like a long time!) Last year when I could have lost her, I learned even more how much joy she gives me. I only hope that I can return a fraction of joy that she brings to me.

I often hear about people talking about "their other half." Cindy is definitely the one who fits me, who gives me strength in areas where I lack and pulls the best from me for what she needs. I can honestly say she's my daily joy, a true gift from God.

Today's Joy: My wife; I think I'll keep her.

No comments:

Post a Comment