Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Driving Mrs Cindy

Cindy had to go into the office today. She made a comment that I don't trust her to drive so I drive her everywhere now. Well, I do trust her. It's all those other drivers on the road that I don't trust!

Well, the fact is that I enjoy driving Cindy all around. I like taking her places. I like the time we get to spend together. I enjoy talking. And now, since her illness, the radio stays off - it can be distracting for her and difficult for her to hear me (important!). So the only time I have the radio on is when I'm in the car alone.

I've made the observation before that we spend a lot of time together now. We are with one another almost 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. And while that sounds like trouble, it really isn't. One of the joys that has grown for me is spending time with Cindy...and car time, drive time is some of our quality time. We have some great discussions and some quiet rides through the countryside.

A day can be joyful with someone at your side.

Today's Joy: Being chauffeur to my wife

No comments:

Post a Comment