Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Stripes and Dots

A while ago - it seems like a long time now - I wore ties almost every day. Because of that, I collected a variety of them. I had ties with handprints and children's designs. I had ties for holidays and with beach scenes. I had more formal ties for those occasions but most of my ties were a little whimsical or silly. If you need to wear a tie, might as well have fun with it.

Now I rarely wear a tie. And when I do, it usually needs to be a more serious formal tie for a more serious formal situation.

So, a few months ago I decided I needed some more fun and whimsy again. I told Cindy I wanted to get some crazy socks. That way, no matter what I was doing or where I was going, I could have a little fun with me (even if no one else ever saw it). So she bought me a few socks with stripes and dots and triangles and primary colored squares.

Today I slid on my striped socks and just knew it was going to be a fun day. I thought about the striped socks as I moved with 2s and sang with 4s. I showed no one my socks (sometimes the kids ask to see them) but I still got joy just from wearing them. I have a good collection now - and all of them have come from Cindy. (That adds to the joy, too.)

Who knew that socks with stripes or dots could give you such a spring to your step?

Today's Joy: Crazy socks that no one may ever see

No comments:

Post a Comment