Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Joy in the New


I like new things. There's something exciting and, yes joyous, opening up something for the first time.  What I like most is new office supplies. I don't know why but I love going into the office supply store and browsing. I enjoy opening up a new notebook with all the clean pages and using a new pencil with its sharpened point and smelling those new crayons as I slide open the lid. So many possibilities to fill the blank pages and wear down the crayon tips. So many ways the pencil can get used down to a stub. There is joy in the new.

Today is a brand new day. I know that there's nothing particularly different on this day - just a turn of the calendar. But January 1 seems the start of something new, full of possibilities. What great things could be done or discovered or explored in this new year!

I think we could even refocus that down further. Each day is a new gift, full of possibilities. Each day we open our eyes, God has given us a new gift to be used to glorify Him and to learn more about Him.

Today's Joy: A new day - how will I write on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment