Friday, January 4, 2019

More Than Enough

Is it difficult to find joy in EVERY situation? When difficulties come, it can be challenging to see the joy, but that's when God makes Himself more known and we can find the joy that is in Him if in nothing else.

But it can also be challenging to find the joy in the mundane. Today I worked through the stack of mail that had built up on my desk over the past couple of weeks. It's one of my "favorite" times, when I pay everyone, when all those bills come due.

God has made Himself known to us this past year in this regular task. Each month we have enough - more than enough - to pay what we owe. We have lacked for nothing. I think back more than a year ago when we needed a car...and we found one just right for us at the just right price. We have received surprise gifts when we needed them (and even when we didn't).

And today, as I was transferring money online and writing checks, I received a call with a new assignment - additional work that will pay for our future needs. God is the God of more than enough. His grace superabounds over sin and over selfishness. Even in times of uncertainty, He never fails. He is more than enough.

Today's Joy: I have what I need...and even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment