Saturday, January 26, 2019

Just a Quick Stop

For the past few weeks, Cindy and I have tried something new. Cindy orders groceries online at Walmart and we go pick them up. She logs in on the app. A young man or woman comes out when we arrive to verify our name. Then they bring out the bags and load them into our car.

I enjoy going to the grocery store. I like spending time wandering the aisles and selecting what we need. I like having the time to think about things or think about nothing at all but what to purchase for dinner the next week. Going to the store has been a joy in the past for me.

But now, I need the time for other things. Since I've added a few more things to my schedule, it is more difficult for me to find the time to wander the store. We tried online shopping as a stopgap one week and now we really like it. I've met some really nice young adults who load groceries into my car. While I still must take time to drive to the store and back, the time to pick up is so much less than shopping for myself.

Letting others "do things" for me is a struggle. But I've learned in the past months that allowing others to help isn't a sign of weakness. It's wise to let others do things if possible and free up time and space for other things - things that people cannot do for you.

Sometimes is a joy to let go and be served.

Today's Joy: Online grocery shopping and pickup

No comments:

Post a Comment