Wednesday, January 9, 2019

My Favorite Sound


Today as I think back through what I did, I can find several joys weaving throughout the day. I sang and moved with preschoolers. I watched little ones chase bubbles and laugh. I filled my car with gas at a really great price. I talked with friends and spent the day with my wife. And I finished reading a book...just for fun.

But today I also got to hear my favorite sound. It's one I get the opportunity to hear regularly but today I think it was the one that gave me the most joy. I heard small children say my name.

There's nothing like a little voice calling, "Mr Scott!" I know it's not much, but to me it's often the best thing I can hear. When I hear my name and see faces filled with excitement - for no other reason than I walked by the room - my heart fills with more joy than I can name.

As I type those words here, it seems a little silly and inconsequential.

But I know inside that it's not at all. It is truly a gift to me.


Today's Joy: Small voices calling my name

No comments:

Post a Comment