Sunday, January 20, 2019

A Joyful Day


Today has been full of joys. It's my birthday and I have received so many notes and mentions on Facebook, a few texts, cards and notes, and verbal good wishes. Each one makes me smile and helps me see how many different people I connect with regularly.


When I got up this morning, everything was dusted white with snow. Enough snow to cover the grass but not so much that everything shut down. (That's what happens here in Nashville area when snow is involved.) Now...at the end of the day...most of it is gone so it was like a present just for my birthday.


Kids in my classroom made me a card. It started out as a secret project with Cindy and the kids. But when I walked around the room, they would shout, "Don't come over here!" It's hard to have a secret project with five-year-olds. But I did not see the card at all until they presented it to me. I love it. Nothing says "Happy Birthday!" like hand-drawn pictures from little ones.


I went to handbell practice, something that always gives me joy. A couple of my fellow players picked out "Happy Birthday" for me on the bells. It made me smile bigger and bigger as they played it.


Cindy made me a chocolate cake. So now I get to enjoy some of it. And probably some of my favorite snack, too - popcorn with peanut M&Ms.


It's been an epic day - a day full of joy. And a friend sent me an epic birthday song.




Today's Joy: Lots of birthday fun

No comments:

Post a Comment