Saturday, January 12, 2019

Muffins and Coffee

This morning when I got up, Cindy had made muffins (from scratch) and coffee for breakfast. Cindy is a great cook. She cooks dinner every day. (Well, almost every day. We do eat out occasionally.) Usually breakfast is a "fend for yourself" meal - which is fine with me. But sometimes she makes muffins or egg sandwiches or something similar. I always enjoy what she cooks for me.

I feel extra joy when she makes coffee for me. She doesn't drink it. So when she makes it, I know she's done it just for me. That makes it more special.

Now she's been doing these things during all of our marriage. And I've always appreciated it and enjoyed it. But today, as I think back to a year ago, I feel even more joy. One year ago, she was home from the hospital only a month or so. She did no cooking - not because she didn't want to but because she couldn't. Walking...standing...was an effort. So she got to eat my cooking.

Today she still moves slower than before. She still needs to take a rest after standing in the kitchen for a while. But oh, how joyful those muffins and coffee tasted this morning. She made them for me. And she was able to make them for me.

Today's Joy: Homemade muffins and coffee for breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment