Monday, January 21, 2019

Behind the Scenes

Feelings are quite a rollercoaster. Well, for me they often are. Yesterday I experienced several things that gave me joy and made me smile. Last night I got a message that I didn't need to teach music today and, while I love doing that, the thought of unexpected time off did make me happy.

Then this morning I read a message that wiped away those happy feelings. Nothing tragic but some changes that make me sad. After all, what I've discovered this month is that the smaller things are usually the ones that impact a lot - on either side of the joy coin. Then I got a later start than I expected; again, not tragic but it unsettled my "plans" for the day. I wondered what may bring an upswing to my mood.

Then I remembered that today is my day to do something "behind the scenes." Each week I get to help out in a way that almost no one knows about. I'm not going to tell you what that is because...well, that would defeat the "no one knows" thing. This particular action takes no real skill and not a lot of time. It's really not that big of a deal. It is something that someone else would need to do and it is beneficial to others (that may not even recognize it).

I don't write all this cryptic stuff to make myself look good. I write it because I realized how much joy this particular action gives me. As I do it today, I know it's helpful and appreciated and necessary. And doing it gives me great joy.

Today's Joy: A helpful unseen action

No comments:

Post a Comment