Monday, January 14, 2019

Something Sort of New

Today I had a new experience. Well, it was sort of new. I led the music elective for a home school co-op at our church. I've already been leading music for preschoolers for a couple of months. But this is a different organization and a different age group - younger elementary kids.

I like new things. Well, I like the idea of new things. I was excited when asked to do this - back in August. The idea was really cool to me. But as the time approached, I began to get nervous. Could I do something that would engage K-2 kids for an hour? What did I know about music anyway? Could I pull this off with another adult, someone I didn't know, in the room with me?

Well, this afternoon I met a group of seven boys and girls in the classroom and we had music time. It was fun. I enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure they enjoyed it, too. And I'm discovering that I'm okay at this music thing.

Os I like the idea of new things. I like when new things are over and go fairly well. It's the in-between anxiety that doesn't do much for me.

So I think I'll push that anxiety on into the next new thing, now. Don't know what that is, but I look forward to seeing the joy in it.

Today's Joy: Jumping into something new - and liking it

No comments:

Post a Comment