Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Something from Almost Nothing

Today I spoke with someone about finding resources for teaching preschoolers. I love to use recycled items, turning them into items that kids can use. I love repurposing items, using things for something different from its intended purpose.

We do this all the time. We use drink bottle lids for game pieces, cardboard tubes and pieces for building, water bottles as instruments, and shredded paper as an art medium. Reusing or repurposing things is something I enjoy.

Maybe you know where I'm going with this. But I'll say it anyway. God takes the nothing that I have and makes it into something with His Spirit. That doesn't mean I become something - it means God can make things happen through me. He also can take the circumstances or situations around me and repurpose them for His glory and His will.

That takes a lot of anxiety from me. The sad things that happen around me can be repurposed by God. And these circumstances and situations are not surprising or unknown to Him. God is the ultimate recycler. (I hope that's not blasphemous.) He takes the wreck of our lives and purposes those lives for His good.

He makes us a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17) He transforms us. He transforms our situations. He transforms hurt and anger and bewilderment.

May His transformation be at work in me.


No comments:

Post a Comment