Saturday, February 2, 2019

Not About Emotion

This has been quite a week. I have felt extremely happy. I have been lower than I can even remember. All in the same week. My heart bursts with joy as I sing with young children and move around and hear their laughter and their comments about things. My heart breaks at ending relationships and failed reconciliations and hurt feelings.

I'll admit it--I tend to be an emotional kind of guy. I'm not sure why but things can hit me very deeply. I get anxious because I want to fix things that just cannot be fixed and help things be "happy" that won't be. So ups and downs are a little normal for me.

But this week, Cindy reminded me that sometimes you just have to let things go. "Easier said than done," I commented (and that's true). But also I have to remember that it's not about how I feel or what I can do. Ultimately God is the one in control. He has it in hand. He will lead me through to whatever end I need to reach.

It's not about emotion; it's about trust in Him.


P.S. For the time being, I'm going to continue to post some thoughts daily. January was for joy. February will not be thematic but will be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment