Saturday, March 16, 2019

Those Who Help and Serve and Cure

I took Cindy to a doctor's appointment and sat in the lobby, waiting for her to finish. It was fairly early in the morning, so I spent more time sitting and thinking than reading. I watched people moving purposefully around the space. I thought about being thankful. I am thankful for medical professionals and all the work they do, tasks that are life-saving and tasks that seem small but really aren't.

Over the past 18 months, I have seen, listened to, and dealt with many different people who work in the medical field. Doctors, nurses, technicians, therapists, aides as well as receptionists, appointment clerks, and medical records personnel. Almost to a person, they have been kind and helpful. They explain things and answer questions - even ones that I'm sure they think are trivial. They listen and look for solutions when needed. They use their knowledge and skills to help and to heal.

Through God's grace, they are the reason that my wife is here...and she can hear.

In a time when laws and rules and guidelines seem to make things more difficult, I've seen these men and women find a way to help and serve and cure.

I am so thankful for all those who give their lives in service to the sick and injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment