Tuesday, March 19, 2019

His Timing

I am thankful for God's timing. When things happen, my first response is often "Why now?" or some variation of that. In recent years, God has helped me stop asking that question. Well, I still ask it but then dismiss it. (Remember, I'm a slow learner and need lots of reminders.) I was reminded again last night about timing. A friend said to me, "If this 'bad thing' had not happened a while back, there is no way we could deal with our current situation."

I've written before about how God prepared us for where we are now. I became self-employed years before I needed a more flexible schedule. Now I am able to care for Cindy if needed - which mostly means to drive her wherever she needs to go. If I had a regular 9-to-5 job, this would be a struggle. If I remained an elementary school teacher, this would have been almost impossible. (Being a teacher is one of the least flexible schedules you can have - and it's more work to be out than to be at work.)

More recently, I was asked to lead the teacher training at our church last year. Part of that meant I got to lead training for our MDO teachers - which led to me becoming one of them, teaching music. I was already thinking music because I had taught church preschool choir and I was planning to lead the homeschool music class for younger elementary kids. All of this just dovetailed together. I was preparing to be a music teacher before I even knew that's what I was doing. (As an aside, I also had written some music curriculum suggestions for VBS, too. More preparation.)

God's timing is perfect, even if I don't always (rarely) see it. I am so grateful for that. As other events have been happening around me, I take comfort in the knowledge that God is moving the pieces around to prepare things for whatever is coming next. Not just for me but for the church, the community, the people around us. That's exciting. I can't wait to see what will develop from what is happening now.

I am thankful for God's timing, and for being prepared for what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment