Saturday, April 27, 2019

Got Grouchy?

"Blessed are the grouchy for they will be reminded of the joys God has given."

This isn't a real verse but sometimes I need it to be one. I've been a little grouchy mood for the past week or so. (Cindy may need to offer rebuttal on the length of said mood.) Things are going well. I've caused myself some stress, but that's not new. Sometimes preschoolers act like...well, preschoolers...and that's not new either. A group of 500,000 people invade the city for the NFL draft - well, that is new but I can just stay away from that as much as possible.

Even the few things that are not well are fairly minor. So, why grouchy?

Mainly it's because I don't pay attention. If I start to complain online, I'm filled with thoughts about what is good or what things I have or how my complaint is so small in light of the rest of my life. I forget to look for the joys I have, the joys God has given. He reminds me.

I have to choose to pay attention, to see those joys. And, if I want to see the unjoys, complaints? They pop up in my vision with barely a thought. "I'm late on some work." (I have been given lots of paying work!) "I don't feel good." (I have a reason to sleep all day!) "I must drive downtown in this traffic." (I get to spend quality time with Cindy one-on-one in the car!)]

Feeling grouchy? I know there are often lots of good reasons for it. But look underneath. God has given a joy there if we'll just find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment