Monday, May 8, 2017

Broken for God



The sacrifice pleasing to God is a broken spirit. You will not despise a broken and humbled heart, God. Psalm 51:17 (CSB)

Some things have happened over the last few weeks that have made me (Cindy) think. A few weeks ago, on Sunday, April 23, was the third anniversary of the accident. The car accident landed me in the hospital with some serious injuries. I was broken—broken for God.

This incident changed my life. Not physically, because I have fully recovered from my injuries. But spiritually, I will never be the same. Everything that happened caused me to look into my relationship with God. Was I really relying on God the way I should? Was I trying to grow in Christlikeness, or was I putting on a show for others to prove how much I was following God? Did I have true love for people, or was I just tolerating people?

Sadly, when I really examined my faith, I came up lacking. Looking back, seeing where God was leading is now clear. God broke me to bring me back to Him. I can say with assurance that my faith is stronger than ever before. I have no worries, but give them all to God. I believe that nothing happens except what God ordains. I know that whatever comes along the way, God will handle it.

Here is what I know: If God has chosen you, He will pursue you with a relentless love. He will use any method He chooses to get your attention.

Are you listening?

1 comment:

  1. God loves you. God is good. God is sovereign. God is merciful. God is compassionate. God is healer. In all the things we know about God, God is not someone who breaks people because God is love. God is not a respecter of persons. God's goodness is for everyone. We live in a fallen world. Bad things do not happen because of God. He is sovereign and He does intervene when there is prayer, but ultimately this earth is not our home. Original sin caused this. But remember God created the Garden of Eden. His plan in the new earth is for no one to feel pain or sadness. As such, we see that bad things are not His will. He wishes us to be well. He wishes good things for us. This might seem like nit picking, but it is something I am just more fully starting to understand myself. When Jesus died, He paid it all so that we may be delivered, restored, sanctified, justified and live a prosperous and healthy life. In order to understand God's love we have to ask Him to help us because it is SO GRAND that in our human nature we cannot understand it.

    ReplyDelete