Sunday, December 17, 2017

Unable to Stop Speaking


"We are unable to stop speaking about what we have seen and heard." (Acts 4:20)

Peter and John were in front of the Jewish leaders. They were told to stop preaching in Jesus' name, to stop telling about Jesus. Their response was that they could not stop speaking about it. They could not contain themselves.

In these past weeks, Cindy and I have seen so many things happen. So many people have called or written notes. So many people have given tangible blessings to us - food, money. So many people have prayed for Cindy. God continues to bless us and we cannot stop giving Him to glory.

A little while back, I wrote something on Facebook that, upon reading later, I felt sounded self-congratulatory and hyper spiritual. I noted that when I want to complain, I praise instead. I need to explain a little further. 

We have had some challenges. And there are days I call out to God that things are difficult. There are days I feel inept or overwhelmed. But anytime I start to complain about things - you know, type comments into social media or start that text or begin to dial a call - I am reminded of all that we've been given. We have seen God at work since Cindy went into the hospital. When complications arose, the doctors caught it quickly and addressed it. When she needed a little more time to gain strength, the system worked it out. When we need, God provides. I cannot complain in the face of all we have received. 

God is good and He deserves all glory.

This time of year reminds me that God gives to us and we must glorify Him. Our Savior came as a baby. He gave His life to save us. All glory to God for this alone.

But then, He continues to work in our lives. Cindy still cannot hear. But scans show no ossification of the bones in the ear...so there are things that can be done. Cindy has said, "God is in control." I am reminded daily that nothing has happened (or will happen) that takes Him by surprise. We cannot stop speaking about what God has done and giving Him the glory.

I want to shout with the angels, "Glory to God in the Highest!" Even on the challenging days and difficult times. 

All glory to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment